I survived my first term in Aberdeen! Man, have the past weeks been intense. The past months to be honest – since July there has been nonstop chores, work, stress… And now finally a whole month well-needed R&R-time.
This is what I plan to do during the Christmas holidays:
- Read books for fun – I have worked on 1Q82 the past month-or-so without being able to be properly overtaken by Murakami’s marvelous world as one would like
- Detour Edinburgh twice (as I foolishly assumed one cannot fly directly Aberdeen-Stockholm… well lucky me get to spend an extra 6 hours travelling megabus… can I get a woop?)
- Find out whether machine-washing your backpack is a good idea, or a tremendously horrible one…
- Watch Episode 7 of Star Wars with Julien – at 10am, such a strange time to visit the cinema in my humble opinion (but nonetheless – a much cheaper time!)
- Make vegan mac and cheese!!!
- Travel to Sweden – which includes:
- See this adorable thing, that keeps growing as if she were on steroids!
- Try all the new Oatly-products that has launched while I was away. In general grocery shopping in Sweden is about a billion times better than in the UK, not even exaggerating.
- Endulge on Swedish N A T U R E ! Fresh air and fir trees as far as the eyes can see (+1 for rhyme!)
- Cuddle with my parents new little furball of a dog
- Crochet – just need to bring my lazy bum to a fabrics-shop first for some more yarn
- Self-cater myself a veggie little Christmas (“have yourself a merry little christmas”, geeet it? )
Yup. That is about as far as my plans go at the moment.