A bunch of inspirational Swedish bloggers have started this vegetarian food challenge. Each month a host blog picks a produce in season for anyone to participate and create new fab-tastic veggie recipes!
This month Rhubarb is the star of the show, which I was really excited to read as it gave me a push to finally try out this recipe that I have been meaning to make since just about 4ever… Namely, Rhubarb Mojitos!
I was pondering whether I should add a bit of ginger to the rhubarb puree, for a nice sting you know, but decided to incorporate it via Ginger Beer instead and opt out the common club soda.
I am not really a big drinker but when I do, I am almost certain to go for rum. However, you can easily enjoy this as a refreshing mocktail by simply skipping the alcohol.
You’ll need (per drink):
→ ½ dl rhubarb puree*
→ 10 fresh mint leaves
→ ½ lime, sliced in wedges
→ ginger beer
→ ice cubes
*Recipe listed below.
1. Muddle the mint leaves with the lime juice in the bottom of a drinking glass.
2. Add in some ice cubes.
3. Add the rhubarb puree, rum and ginger beer.
4. Stir to combine and then serve immediately.
→ 2 stalks rhubarb
→ 3 dl water
→ ½ dl sugar
1. Trim and chop the rhubarb stalks.
2. In a small pot, add water, rhubarb and sugar. Bring to boil for about 10 minutes, until rhubarb has softened.
3. Add to blender and process until you have smooth consistency.
I am so looking forward to seeing what the other participants are gonna come up with! x