Weekend! A marvelous time for pizza-making. There’s two pizza recipes I have stumbled over lately and wished to try, namely one made from sweet potatoes (shocker yes…) and the other with artichoke cream rather than your standard tomato sauce…
So the other week I decided to combine the two, the result is what you will find below. Of course you can just pick and mix with whatever pizza base/filling you prefer!
Let’s start off with the SWEET POTATO PIZZA CRUST, for which I used Blissful Basil‘s recipe:
→ 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into cubes
→ 1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia seeds + 3 tbsp water)
→ 2½ dl oat flour
→ ½ dl almond flour
→ 1 tbsp olive oil
→ 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
→ 1 tsp dried oregano + basil
→ ½ tsp garlic powder
→ pinch of salt, chilli flakes
1. Steam the sweet potato cubes until fork tender.
2. Create your chia egg and set aside to form.
3. Start oven at 200°C.
4. Mash the steamed sweet potato in a food processor, alternatively mash in a big bowl.
5. Add your flours, chia egg, oil, vinegar and seasonings and mix to combine.
6. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Scoop the sweet potato mixture on your parchment paper and spread into a large circle using a spatula.
7. Place in oven and bake for about 25-35 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and let cool.
9. Add pizza toppings of your choosing (such as the artichoke cream, hey hey!) and pop back into the oven for about 5-10 minutes (depending on what you put on there of course.)
To make the ARTICHOKE CREAM you will need:
→ 1 can artichokes (à 400 grams)
→ 1-2 cloves of garlic
→ lemon, zest + about 1 tbsp juice
→ ½ dl olive oil
→ a pinch of salt, pepper
1. Drain and rinse the artichokes.
2. Mix everything together using a stick blender or mixer.
I topped my pizza with sliced courgettes, vio life’s cheese and spinach too. And burnt the edges of the crust due to using aluminium foil rather than parchment paper…