You know how sometimes you just outdo yourself. Such was the case with these heavenly creatures, more commonly referred to as MUFFINS.
I had some left over lemon curd that I made for my Bidsummer celebration that I wanted to put to the use before it would go bad and thus I recalled a recipe I used to make circa all the time around 10 years ago. A muffin with strawberries and white chocolate where it was suggested to add in a deciliter of lemon curd.
Yes, as you can hear – genius, genius, GENIUS combination of ingredients.
For the muffin itself I used a gluten free recipe from fabulous Evelina’s Ekologiska, but opted for non-dairy products and chia eggs rather than chicken ones, as well as added in the lemon curd and white choco. Here’s how the story goes:
VEGAN LEMON CURD MUFFINS WITH STRAWBERRIES & WHITE CHOCOLATE.
→ 1 dl vegan lemon curd
→ 3 dl almond flour
→ 3 tbsp corn flour
→ 3 tbsp brown rice flour
→ 1 tsp baking soda
→ a pinch of salt
→ 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
→ 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
→ 2 chia eggs (1 tbsp seeds + 3 tbsp water per egg)
→ 1 dl brown sugar
→ 100 grams dairy free butter
→ 100 grams white chocolate chips
→ 50 grams fresh strawberries
1. Make the chia egg, using 2 tbsp of seeds along with 6 tbsp water. Set aside to thicken.
2. Chop the berries and chocolate into smaller pieces.
3. Combine the flours, baking soda, salt and vanilla.
4. Melt the butter. Meanwhile, whisk the chia eggs and sugar together before mixing in with the dry ingredients.
5. Add the lemon curd and melted butter to the mixture and stir well to combine.
6. Scoop the dough over to muffin tins using a spoon. Layer the berries, chocolate and dough to get an even filling throughout the muffins. Lastly, top with flaked almonds or coconut.
7. Bake in the middle of the oven on 175°C for 10-15 minutes. Then leave to cool before removing from the muffin tins.
For more sweet stuff, check out: