Sometimes I can just long to be at home, in front of my laptop in some odd looking fleece jacket and a big mug of coffee. #introvertlyfe
Today is one of those days. And luckily for me, yesterday I made some vegan nutella so this quality me-time just got a whole lot more quality-full (is that a word? well with a hyphen involved we can pretend that it is) with some peanut butter + nutella + banana toast crumbling over the keyboard as we speak.VEGAN NUTELLA
→ 200 grams hazelnuts
→ 1 dl cacao powder
→ 3/4 dl icing sugar
→ a spatula tip of vanilla powder
→ a pinch of salt
→ 3-4 tbsp oil, like rapeseed or coconut (unless you mind a bit of coconut flavour – use rapeseed!)
1. Start by roasting the hazelnuts, about 15 minutes on 200° C should do – but make sure you keep your eyes open as the time may depend on your oven etc.
2. Place the hazelnuts in a kitchen towel, cover them and rub over the towel using your hands to get the skin off the nuts. Try to get as much as possible off, as your nut butter will have a much more bitter taste with the skin left on.
3. Crush the hazelnuts in a food processor until a creamy butter starts to form. Then blend some more.
4. Add in cacao, vanilla, salt and sugar – mix evenly.
5. Whilst the blender is running, add in oil a little at a time until desired creaminess is accomplished.
6. Store in an airtight container. Or eat it all in one go – saves you some washing up! 😉